Here's a Random Post for your lazy bums!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Transformed!


Wearing Pink became the new In thing.
Discarding Barbies,
Getting lip gloss in strawberry.
Gossips and love notes
Fluttering eyelashes,
Big red hearts in personal diaries.

Seemed overnight
My classmates turned from kids to girlies.
Forgotten pigtails
Giving way to newly curled hair.
Talk about crushes
Big bad boys in the school nearby.

So this was the new fad.
Mini-skirts, swooning and sparkly trinkets.
I was only happy with my dirty worn jeans and t-shirt!
Fighting in mud, wrestling with that mutt.
Burping competitions, eating double cheeseburgers
While those girls would diet with their low fat whole-wheat crackers.

Boys were toys to beat the hell out of.
Would kick your butt
If you talked about my neighbour
Who wants to be a "girl"
When you were the toughest in your section.
Argue with the teacher, sitting half time in detention.

And then you came along
Newbie to the town, 1st day in my class.
Your crinkled eyes smiling right at me
As if you knew my secret, the one for ever i hid.
The world came crashing down
I found myself blush even when i was alone.

The time for all first timers
Open hair, nicer shirt, polite words, softer tone.
Now i realised what happened to those girls.
It wasn't just a fad, it was a phenomenon
Started reading Shakespeare
Imagining myself as Juliet.

At last i was transformed
Into a girl i was earlier full of disgust.
Miss the day when i punched boys in the face
Now i blushed if i found them looking at my waist.
Now i love strawberry and fairytales
Oh God! What happened to my taste?

2 comments: