Here's a Random Post for your lazy bums!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Miss You Tonight!

On nights like these
I miss the blanket of your arms.
The warmth dripping off
The back of your neck,
Your whispered words
In my ears, like psalms.

I don't say it out loud very often but,
I miss you the most tonight.
I miss the way your hands move around my body
The way you hold me close to your heart.

Down and out for a while.
Burden of the world
laden on my fragile mind.
If I had you still,
I'd feel so safe on your chest
Lost in our own wonderland.

I wish I had the courage to say this always
I miss you the most tonight.
I miss feeling home when you held me tight
Your thoughts shining in your eyes.

Oh, If you could embrace me now...
If I could hear your heart beating,
Under that checkered shirt.
Your lips softly surfing,
Gently blowing my tiny curls.
I would break down a little, with you I belong.

2 comments: