Here's a Random Post for your lazy bums!

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Fairy Godmother

I wish I was a fairy Godmother…
You wouldn't have a moment of bother.
I know I would try to smother
You. I am known to indulge in a bit of coddle.

Oh, wouldn't it be great if I was
Your fairy Godmother.

You are no damsel
In need of saving.
You don't even want me
To be there defending.

And there in distress
Lies this guardian angel.
Who needs her protege
At the minimum, to trust her.

I am not indifferent.
I can see that I am not needed.
Yet I can't just leave you
To die of this suffering.

You are far from liberation.
Wrenched in your pain.
Since I can't help you,
I kill myself a little, every day.

I kick off my shoes
Walk over burnt embers.
I snatch your poisoned apple
And devour it with pleasure.

They seem not to grasp
The role of this parent.
Delivering from evil
Is her only saving grace.

So if you don't need me
I won't try to impose.
But I'll hurt myself
So I could feel close.

To you, my beloved
Darling child.
For I will forever,
Be your fairy Godmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment