Here's a Random Post for your lazy bums!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Clearing

Taking you back into time when the world was more crowded by wilderness than by civilization. alternately, you can imagine the green here to be the grey of out modern life. This is something I wrote right before my jim Corbett trip.

From behind the think curtain
Of tall trees and dangling branches
I could see the faint hint
Of a wide, open sky.

An unbroken ray of determination
Called onto me, played tricks on my imagination.
I ran through the jungle
Making my way as I got nearer.

I wanted to see an open field
Somewhere in this unending sea of green.
I heard of an open sky
At night, you could see the starts fly.

A breeze so hard it blew you off your feet,
No diversion there to hinder your excursion
I wanted to explore that clearing
where the world would make more sense.

So I could see the clouds dancing
And those chirping birds prancing.
A place for me alone
And my mind finding serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment