Here's a Random Post for your lazy bums!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Red Poppies in My Backyard!

I wrote this poem last spring. I didn't have a blog then so i am posting it here now. Hope you like it!




Happy moments often turn sad
Love gives way to hurt
The scars of endless sorrow, never bygone
And each time it hurts,
I look at the red poppies in my backyard.

The lovely red of spring ahead
The sweet melody of bees on flowerbed
The flutter of wings,
The chirps of the birds
They brighten the day
Dimming the pain,
Brimming my eyes.

Red poppies
They make me smile
My heart skips a beat
I take a deep sigh
The red poppies that hold my sight.

Lovely blossoms
They promise eternal love
Some dare to kill
Some promise sweet slumber.

The breeze blowing by
Heavy on Earth's eye
My hair flowing
And i dream to fly.

I travel the world
And when iam awake
A tear rolls past
But for their sake
I straighten myself
I loosen the strain
I give them one last look
These poppies made my day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow.... this poem is cute....it feels good after reading it.... its simple yet one of the best ones of urs..... n really i mean it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so so much !! :))
    I love it too. It was actually inspired from the poppies in my college. hehe

    ReplyDelete